Being Eighteen - Joys and Responsibilities

Being Eighteen - Joys and Responsibilities

My eighteenth birthday will be a watershed event for me, as I will now be able to participate in shaping the destiny of the nation, because I can be enrolled as a voter now. I will also be considered as an adult, which will make me behave responsibly, as I will be fully responsible for my actions. Earlier, as a child or an adolescent, I could always evade blame for any wrong action of mine by blaming the influence of my parents or elder siblings. However, now I have to be careful in what I do and act in a mature manner.


Of course there are many joys in crossing this barrier. Now I can watch 'adult movies in cinema halls without being pulled up. Further, I can take the test for converting my Learner's Driving Licence into a regular one, so that I can use my father's car when required. This will also help me in handling emergencies in which someone knowing car driving is needed. On the whole, I will enjoy a better life after my eighteenth birthday.

Comments